Last Updated on
Coffee tables springs to mind immediately after sofas as soon as you visualize living room furniture. Even though Glass coffee tables are ubiquitous, there’s bewildering variety to pick from. All these questions may help to pin down your own choices:
Table of Content
- 1 Do You Need a Living Room or Family Room Coffee Table?
- 2 Will You Use Your Glass Coffee Table as a Center-piece?
- 3 Which Material Do You Prefer for your glass coffee table sets?
- 4 What Kind of Shape and Size Will Be Best For Your Space?
- 5 Do You Need Added Functionality?
- 6 Our Best Coffee Table 2017 – Walker Edison Glass Oval Coffee Table
Do You Need a Living Room or Family Room Coffee Table?
Living room and TV room coffee tables being used differently, and TV room coffee tables have more rough use. Bear that in mind when selecting a glass coffee table or a wooden one.
- You may choose a more formal table in your living room area based on how you’ve decorated. Even more fragile and delicate materials like glass may be used in living rooms.
- A TV room requires a more robust coffee table. You may even want to seek out one that has storing options, such as drawers. The outer lining must be able to take abuse since spilled snacks and feet on the table are usually more common in casual settings. Glass tops aren’t ideal for TV rooms, not just due to fragility, but finger marks and scrapes too. For glass-tops with no frames, there is a danger of very sharp corners, particularly when you’ve small children.
- Delicate surfaces also can end up having scratched if it’s a heavy-use area.
Will You Use Your Glass Coffee Table as a Center-piece?
The glass coffee table is often called the center-piece of the room. But you will recognize that the same term is frequently used for a rug, a sofa, or any other furniture piece.
Crowning glory, focal point, center-piece – just how many can you have within a room? Since there is usually only one, you need to decide even if your glass coffee table contains the starring role.
If you do decide on the coffee table as a centerpiece, these attributes will make it stand out:
- Surface color and finish
Which Material Do You Prefer for your glass coffee table sets?
While you shop for a coffee table, you will identify how many choices you’ve when it comes to materials. The most apparent material you think of is wood, however you don’t really need to restrict yourself to lumber if you do not want to.
- Have a look at space and other furniture to find out which material would look and feel ideal. Whether it should be a black glass coffee table or silver. Clear acrylic and glass can easily make a small room feel more open. The glint of metal can achieve precisely the same purpose. Glass, metal, acrylic and stone also look really good in a modern day room.
- Darker wood, like mahogany or walnut, or even materials similar to marble and metal looks good in a classic room.
- Leather and / or faux leather perform well in a range of settings and they’re also easy to take care of.
- Think about the material’s durability and safety particularly when you’ve young children.
What Kind of Shape and Size Will Be Best For Your Space?
Contemporary coffee tables come in many different shapes and sizes. As the shape of the family room can play a part in choosing a wooden or glass coffee table, focus on your seating formation more than anything else.
- Rectangular or oval coffee table work well for smaller rooms.
- Squares or round coffee tables are good for large seating configurations, such as large sectionals or a large sofa and love seat.
- Round or oval tables are useful around children because of the absence of sharp corners.
- Consider scale in addition to actual measurements when picking a size. Pick a coffee table that is a maximum of two-thirds your sofa’s total length. A very important thing to keep in mind is to leave enough area surrounding the table for leg space. Leave at the very least a foot and a half in between the table and the sofa.
- Your coffee table should be the same height as the seat of your sofa or lower.
Do You Need Added Functionality?
The level of functionality your coffee table offers depends on how you want to use it. While most coffee tables for sale have a flat surface supported on a base, there are plenty that offers additional features.
- Look for coffee tables with additional shelves, drawers or compartments if you need them to double up for storage.
- Trunks and ottomans can offer lots of storage.
- Some tables have surfaces that can be raised for working or eating.
- Casters and wheels are useful if you need to roll away the coffee table.
Our Best Coffee Table 2017 – Walker Edison Glass Oval Coffee Table
This stylish contemporary glass coffee table features unique curved lines as well as frosted lower shelves. 3 levels of glass coupled with brilliant stainless metal legs, makes a stunning contemporary. Every glass is beveled to make a softer edge as well as tempered for safety.
|Item Weight||30 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||20 x 38 x 17 inches|
|Item model number||AZ38B4|
|Assembled Height||17 inches|
|Assembled Width||20 inches|
|Assembled Length||38 inches|
[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B00166GG3M” locale=”US” tag=”chairtablereviews-20″]
Here we gather some other exclusive as well as budgeted Glass Coffee Table for your home and garden. Have a look at these and select one for yourself.